Xcaret and Xichén Clásico Tour
A complete 2-day tour to the best of Mexico by visiting Xcaret and Chichén Itzá
Join a marvelous journey through the culture and nature of Mexico. Along two days you will visit the two main attractions at Cancun and Riviera Maya: Xcaret and Chichén Itzá, Mexico.
On the Xichén Clásico Tour, a certified guide will take you to the main pre-Hispanic temples and buildings at Chichén Itzá, Mexico. This archaeological site is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, and there you will see places such as the Temple of the Warriors and the Thousand Columns, the Osario, and the magnificent Ballgame Court. Get into Chichén Itzá and its history.
Remember to take a picture at the foot of the Pyramid of Kukulcan, where twice a year during the equinox, the Feathered Snake descends. Also, there will be a stop at the Xcajum Cenote to swim in its refreshing waters.
On this tour, you can visit the more than 50 attractions at Xcaret Park in one whole day. Swim along the three underground rivers, visit the astonishing Aviary, the huge Butterfly Pavilion, or the Coral Reef Aquarium. Xcaret also has an extensive cultural offer with presentations such as the Papantla Flyers and the Horse Exhibition, among others. To end an unforgettable day, attend Xcaret México Espectacular with more than 300 artists onstage that will take you through 500 of Mexican history.
Two days to keep the best of Mexico within your heart! You only have to choose which place you will visit first.
Due to prevention protocols, this tour will be available soon.
- Round-trip transportation on a panoramic bus with onboard restroom, from Cancun and Riviera Maya.
At Chichén Itzá
- Access to the Chichén Itzá archaeological site with bilingual certified guide.
- Bottle of water at the archaeological site.
- Visit to the Xcajum cenote with 45 min to swim (mandatory use of life jacket).
- Access to Xcajum facilities (lockers and life jackets with extra cost).
- Buffet lunch at Xcajum restaurant (drinks with extra cost).
- Panoramic tour by Valladolid.
- Tours in three underground rivers (a secure bag for your belongings is provided prior to the river activity).
- Xcaret México Espectacular presentation.
- Access to the beach, inlet, and natural pools.
- Visits to the Butterfly Pavilion, Coral Reef Aquarium, and the Aviary.
- Children’s World, a place of fun exclusively for the little ones.
- Horse Exhibition, Papantla Flying Men, and Pre-Hispanic Dances.
- Tropical jungle trail.
- Life jackets and inner tubes.
- Lounge chairs, hammocks, and rest areas.
- Restrooms, dressing rooms, and showers.
- Other services (WiFi, ATM, and shops).
- Confirm the time and location of your pickup.
- Wear fresh clothes and comfortable shoes for walking at Chichén Itzá and Xcaret.
- Wear hat and sunglasses.
- Bring swimsuit, towel and a change of clothes.
- Only sunblock and sunscreen containing titanium oxide and zinc oxide are allowed in the park. Otherwise, at the entrance you will find an Information booth where you can exchange your sunscreen for a free sample of a biodegradable product. Your sunscreen will be returned to you upon departure.
- Bring cash or a card to buy souvenirs. At Xcaret you can enjoy an optional activity or buy the photos of your visit.
- Duration: approximately 12 hours.
- There is an additional tax fee for the use of video cameras inside the archaeological site, not included in the tour price.
- Lockers and lifesavers rental at the cenote in the Xichén Clásico Tour are not included.
- Snorkeling gear rental costs $10.99 USD (requires a refundable deposit of $25 USD).
- Entrances tickets, activities or tours included on your purchase cannot be exchangeable.
- Children over 4.5 ft but under 12 years of age, must present an ID to verify their age.
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; those cancelled between 0 and 2 days prior to your booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change of the booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
- It is not possible to make date changes the same day of your visit.
- There might be changes without prior notice to the tour’s logistics or operation.